Guess what! We finally put our Sunway Lagoon passport to good use after a long time! Sanzu, Pravs, Moots, Nar and myself went there yesterday. Mother Sanzu (named after Mother Theresa) came along but didn’t go on any of the rides coz she wasn’t feeling too well. Next to Jesus and Mrs. Home Minister, she’s one sacrificial person I can think of. We were supposed to get in the park at least by 1pm so that we’d come out early and spend time with Jusu and Navs but, God bless KTM and our time management, we were late (not surprised).
Reminiscing the first time we went there, we had so much preparation done. I mean Jusu and Sanzu did the preps and all I did was to hide the chocolates in the middle of our clothes. After all the staff there don’t unwrap your clothes to find stuff. (This happens when a bunch of auditors face internal controls, we bypass them). But this time around, we walked in like bosses at 2.30pm, freehandedly, except for Mother Sanzu. She was in charge of the bag department.
Pravs and I changed and then… the screaming started. I mean we started going for the rides. What I should have done was to remind myself zillion times to shut my mouth during the rides. You see, I’ve got this unsurpassed talent in screaming and the rides in Lagoon don’t help. Some of it was scary and due to this yelling routine of mine, I tend to scream all the way down and when we get pushed into the pool, fuhh, everything just entered my mouth. Idk if they realized the water level in Sunway Lagoon reducing yesterday coz me and Pravs were practically drinking it. Such whales.
Anyways, smart me reminded myself to not get my butt too much into the float coz some of the rides had ‘float stoppers’, I don’t really know what the term is but if your butt is kinda flat and too deep into the float, you’ll end up screaming ‘ouchhh my butt’ (like how I did the first time). Thank God my poor butt didn’t come off the last time I was there.
I had fun screaming and Sanzu was like, Kezi, I knew y’all were coming down the Vuvuzela because I heard you screaming like entah what. I’m a talented screamer and I kinda pitied Moots & Narr that they had to bear with us chickens. Trust me people, I’m all about girl power, but then these amusement park rides scare the hell outta my life.
We didn’t have much time to go on the dry rides (sorry Sanzu), but at least the other visitors on the Roller Coaster and Pirate Ship didn’t go deaf, because of you know who. Let’s say that we covered quite a few rides in 3 hours:
- The Kubarango – Pravs gave me a heart attack. She was coughing and couldn’t get up from the float. Oh my Lord, I was like wth to do and water was pouring all over us. I promise I felt like screaming at the people there to stop the water thingy. Then finally Narr came, used his senses, and Pravs got up. Hallelujah.
- Monsoon 360 – I prayed and asked God to forgive all my sins while they did the countdown. I was that scared and the people outside waiting for the ride told me not to worry and that I’ll reach down safely. How assuring. 25 seconds later, I happily drank Chlorine water and got out of the ride shivering.
- Vuvuzela – the usual, scream, scream, screammmm while Narrs and Moots laughed at my misery.
- 5D Waterplexx – I’m gonna bring an umbrella in here the next time coz water was splashing/pouring/coming out of some damn hole and wetting us. The wonderful specs they gave us had water droplets the whole time – how to watch the show? So yeah, bring an umbrella guys, to cover yourself and watch in peace. Also, dear Sunway Lagoon, you might wanna invest in Uncle Sivaji the Boss’ specs, the one with wipers. Thank you.
- Aladdin’s mat – I think I had osteoporosis or something. After getting up, my back felt as if I was a 60-year-old grandma.
- Cobra Creek – the person in charge of the ride, wanted to send me alone. Coconut. To top that, he was even smoking. Was so nearing to slapping him (virtually), but then Pravs got on the float and off we went. God saved him from my wrath.
- Boa Constrictor – not sure if that’s the name of the ride. But not bad, I got to do my hobby – scream.
- African Pythons – scream, scream and waiting when the world we would see light. It was pitch black but not so scary. Finally saw Sanzu taking pics of us.
- Cameron Climb – Was very particular about not getting my butt hurt here. Survived it successfully!
- Surf Beach – Pravs would have died if not for me. Moots & Narrs are such bullies, they were tryna hold her under water. Donkeys. I feel like a saviour. (You can thank me later Pravs).
The sad thing is that our passports are ending on 25th January. For the next 1 week, I feel like putting up every day in Lagoon now that I don’t have classes but I’ll be alone. How I wish my group of monkeys (read: friends) can work our schedules and head there one last time. I badly want to scream in Jusu and Sanzu ears the next time <3. #soomuchlove.